Property Owner Service Center

Thank you for contacting our office. The information on this page is directed to property owners. Please note that we are debt collectors, and the purpose of this page is to facilitate our collection of unpaid taxes or user fees. Title Insurance and Mortgage Company agents, please click here.

For information concerning your account, including balance information, please call Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd. at 866 211 9466 Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm.

If you cannot call during these hours, please leave a message after hours in our general mailbox with your contact information, and the best way to reach you (ie via email or via telephone, and if via telephone, the hours you will be available). You will receive a response the following business day.

Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd. offers a hardship program that allows extended payment terms for owner occupants who are experiencing financial difficulties. Please click here to access a hardship application.

Payments may be sent to Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd. POB 3020, Norristown, PA 19404 or may be made online by clicking here.

Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions. If you have a general question that is not answered below, please call our office at 866 211 9466, or click here. We welcome the opportunity to add more helpful information to our site.

Frequently Asked Questions

If I am mailing payment, where should I send my payment?

All payments should be sent to Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd., P.O. Box 3020, Norristown, PA 19404-3020

If paying by Check or Money Order, to whom should my payment check be written?

Checks should be made payable to:
Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd. in trust for XXXXX, where XXXXX is the name of the taxing authority.
For example, if you are paying taxes to the Souderton Area School District, you would make the check payable to:
Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd. in trust for Souderton Area School District

Can I make a payment over the phone?

No. Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd. is unfortunately unable to process payments over the phone but you can pay online. Please see the payment options page for details.

Is there a fee for paying online?

Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd. does not apply a fee for online payments if you are paying via checking account/ACH. You should check with your banking institution in case they charge a fee.

For selected municipalities, school districts, and authorities, Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd. offers online payment options for Credit and Debit cards through Official Payments. Official Payments charges a convenience fee for this service that will be an additional charge. Official Payments charges 2.45% of the payment amount, with a minimum fee of $3.95 when using a credit card. A fee of 1% of the payment amount, with a minimum fee of $1.00 is charged when using a debit card. Portnoff Law Associates and the municipalities, school districts, and municipal authorities that they represent do not receive any of these fees.

Can I set up a payment plan?

In many cases, yes. Please call Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd. at 866-211-9466 to discuss your particular situation.

If I arrange a payment plan, will I be receiving a monthly bill/statement?

Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd. does not send out bills or monthly reminders. It is the property owners responsibility to send out monthly payments per plan. There are online resources, such as available to you to set up payment reminders.

Can you send me a copy of the original bill? When was the original bill mailed?

Upon request, Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd. will contact our client in an attempt to obtain a copy of the bill or mailing date. Please be advised that in many cases original bills are no longer available.

What is the difference between Calendar and Fiscal year?

Calendar year runs from 1/1/XX to 12/31/XX. Fiscal year runs from 7/1/XX to 6/30/X. In most cases the school taxes run on a fiscal year

Is a claim being collected by Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd. going to affect my credit?

Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd. does not report to credit agencies. If a lien is filed, it becomes public record. Court documents can be researched when applying for credit.

Can I see my balance online?

Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd. provides access for property owners to their unpaid balances online in our claims database located at the Balance Inquiry link on this page.

Where is my Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd. file number located?

Your file number is typically found on the bottom left hand corner of correspondence and begins with two digits and then followed by five digits. There may be additional digits or dashes beyond that, but your file number is the beginning seven digits. (i.e. XX-XXXXX)

Can I make an in person payment?

Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd. provides a payment drop box at our King of Prussia office, which is located at 2700 Horizon Drive, Ste 100, King of Prussia, PA 19406. The payment drop box is available Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.

divider image
© 2017 Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd.
2700 Horizon Drive, Suite 100, King of Prussia, PA 19406
Important Disclaimer
Phone: 1-866-211-9466